It is hereby notified that the information regarding Right to Information Act, 2005 in respect of Tumkur University, Tumkur is updated and published for the information of public and other stake holders to the system. Under Section 4(1)(b) of Right to Information Act 2005 the following information is published in the interest of the public service as required under RTI Act.
Tumkur University, Vishwavidyanilaya Karyalaya, B.H. Road, Tumkur-572 103, Karnataka State.
1) To disseminate knowledge
2) To award degrees
3) Academic administration of affiliated colleges
4) To undertake research
5) To establish post graduate departments and such other functions incidental to above objectives
1) To ensure the implementation of the provisions KSU Act, 2000.
2) To take such actions as are necessary for dissemination of knowledge.
3) To promote academic excellence.
4) To maintain the academic standards.
5) To co-ordinate with UGC and other professional bodies.
6) To prescribe syllabus.
7) To conduct examination and declare results.
The procedure for decision making is as under:
1) Bottom to top procedure is adopted.
2) As per delegation of powers.
3) Three/Four type of procedure/channel is adopted.
4) Accountability will be fixed in accordance with the Statutes, Rules and Orders in force.
Decision making bodies:
1) The Syndicate and
2) The Academic Council
1) Karnataka State Universities Act 2000
2) University Grants Commission Act 1956 and norms prescribed by it.
3) Government of India Policies.
4) State Government Policies.
* Files * Registers * Transaction of business rules * Statutes * Regulations etc.
Government is nominating members to the Academic Council and to the Syndicate for formulating the policy, decision and implement the provisions of the Act.
The Syndicate or the Academic Council or Vice Chancellor may constitute boards, committees for getting expert information/advice for implementing the provisions of KSU Act. The minutes of the meeting are accessible to the public as and when they become public document.
1) Hon'ble Vice Chancellor
3) Registrar (Evaluation)
4) Finance Officer
5) Deputy Registrars
General and Development
6) Director of Planning and Monitoring Board
7)Director of Physical Education
8) Director - Students Welfare
9) Deans of faculties and other supporting staff
Dean, Faculty of Arts
Dean, Faculty of Commerce & Management
Dean, Faculty of Science & Technology
10) Principal, University College of Arts
11) Principal, University College of Science
As prescribed by the Government from time to time.
The budget is allocated by the State Government. UGC and other funding agencies will also support certain schemes. The University also mobilizes fund through internal resources, fees, consultation, research projects and the expenditure are made as per the rules approved by the competent authorities.
As prescribed by the Universities Act 2000 and other allied rules.
All stake holders such as
As prescribed by the Government.
The data of University are being computerised.
During office hours on all working days
1) Deputy Registrar (Academic), Tumkur University, Tumkur (Contact No: 9449569927)
2) Deputy Registrar (Establishment), Tumkur University, Tumkur (Contact No: 9845407609)
3) Deputy Registrar (Examination), Tumkur University, Tumkur (Contact No: 9481266917)
4) Deputy Registrar (General & Development), Tumkur University, Tumkur (Contact No: 9449089075)
5) Finance Officer, Tumkur University, Tumkur (Contact No: 9448533326)
6) Principal, University College of Arts, Tumkur (Contact No: 99160633545)
7) Principal, University College of Science, Tumkur (Contact No: 8762576187)
8) Executive Engineer, Tumkur - (Contact No: 9448202434)
9) The Director, Student Welfare, Tumkur University ,Tumkur (Contact No: 9448801567)
10) The Director, Ph.D Section, Tumkur University ,Tumkur (Contact No: 9449112908)
11) The Director/Convener, Physical Education, Tumkur University ,Tumkur (Contact No: 8904131981)
12) The Director, College Development Cell(CDC) , Tumkur University ,Tumkur (Contact No: 9844185715)
13) The Co-oridinator, Other Backward Cell (OBC), Tumkur University ,Tumkur (Contact No: 9901863961)
14) The Co-oridinator,Special Component Plan (SCP), Tumkur University ,Tumkur (Contact No: 9481528773)
15) The Co-oridinator,Tribal Sub Plan(TSP), Tumkur University ,Tumkur (Contact No: 9008284028)
16) The Co-oridinator,Women Development Study Center,Tumkur University ,Tumkur (Contact No: 7019953285)
17) The Director, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Board, Tumkur University ,Tumkur (Contact No: 9964502380)
The University was established during the year 2004-05 and it has initiated several innovative and reformative measures for achieving academic excellence.
Registrar, Tumkur University, Tumkur-572 103, Karnataka.