Dr.B.R Ambedkar Study Center
Dr B.R Ambedkar study center was established in the year of 2013 at Tumkur University to impart the ideas and thoughts of Dr.B.R Ambedkar to teachers, students, the campus community and general public. The center also undertakes conferences, workshops, training programme, field work based research and extension activities to disseminate the ideas of Dr.B.R Ambedkar.
The Vision of the center is to promote scholarly studies, research and extension services, to propagate the ideas and ideals of Dr.B.R.Ambedkar regarding the inclusive development of nation-building among the students, teachers and people at large.
The Mission of the centre is to strive to develop appropriate methodologies and programmes to translate Dr.B.R.Ambedkar’s ideas into practical propositions and policy instruments by supporting higher studies, research and extension services.
The key objective of the centre is to conduct studies and research on the relevance of Dr.B.R.Ambedkar’s thoughts and the marginalized people. The following are some other prominent objectives of the center
Scope and Objectives of the center
- Disseminating the ideas and thoughts of Dr.B.R Ambedkar to students and faculties of the University
- Support the teacher and student to undertake research/prepare course module/curriculum in the line of Dr. Ambedkar philosophy and thought
- Sensitizing people of nearby locality and areas about the relevance of Dr. Ambedkar’s Ideas for the betterment of the poor and vulnerable/marginalized section of the society
- The center under takes theoretical and action oriented research on the relevant themes
- Identify and recognize the contribution of activist/ writers those who made significant contribution for mobilization of marginalized section of society and provide flat form for sharing their ideas and experiences
Activities during 2013 to 2018
- Organized one day workshop on” Samajika Samanathe & Aadhunika Savalugalu” - 19th February, 2014
- Celebrated the Dr.B.R Ambedkar’s 123rd and Sri Babhu Jagajeevanram’s 107th Birth anniversary – 14th April, 2014
- Organized one day special lecturing Programme on Dr.B.R.Ambedkar 58th Maha Parinirvana Celebration“Bharathadalli Shoshita Vargagala Aithihasika Hejjegurutugalu mattu Samakaleena Savalugalu” – 06th December, 2014
- Organized one day International Conference on “Ethics in new millennium: Buddhist Perspective” with the collaboration of Sera-je Monastic University, Bylakuppe, Mysore. –21st December, 2014
- Organized two days’ workshop on ”Bahujan Sahithya Tarabethi Kammata”- 21st & 22nd February, 2015
- Celebrated the Dr.B.R Ambedkar’s 124th and Sri Babhu Jagajeevanram’s 108th Birth anniversary – 14th April, 2015
- Organized one day workshop on “Personality Development” Programme for the post-graduate students on 23rd April, 2015
- Organized one day workshop on “Dalitha Badhukina Samskruthika Savalugalu” with the collaboration of Dr.Babujagajeevanram Study Center, Mysore University – 18th August, 2015 (350 students including teachers utilized benefit of this workshop)
- Conducted one day training programme on “Gramapanchayat and Social Justice” for elected Dalith Panchayat members in Tumur District, 150 newly elected Dalit Panchayat members were benefited through this training
- Celebrated Maharshi Valmiki Jayanthi on 27th October, 2015 and also conducted seminar on “Ramayana Bhinna Paramparegalu”, 400 students and teachers were participated
- Celebrated the Constitution Day on 26th November, 2015 and conducted seminar on “Constitution, Ambedkar and Democracy”: 350 students and teachers were participated and benefited.
- Organized two days International Conference on “Human Freedom, Social Justice and Buddhism: A 21st Century Interface”- with the collaboration of Mahabodhi Society, Bangalore –21.03.2016 to 22.03.2016.(Above 350 students including teachers utilized benefit of this workshop)
- Celebrated the Dr.B.R Ambedkar’s 125th and Sri Babhu Jagajeevanram’s 109th Birth anniversary – 14th April, 2016
- Organized one day Special lecture on “Prof. B Krishnappa’s Social movement” Programme for the post-graduate students and Dalit Activist on 27th September, 2016
- Celebrated the Constitution Day on 26th November, 2016 and conducted Workshop on “Constitution and Development”: Contemporary challenges. (250 students and teachers were participated and benefited
- Celebrated the Kayakayogi Sri Siddaramana 844th jayanthi and conducted one day National seminar on “Kayakayogi Sri Siddaramara chinthanegala prasthuthate” – 07th March, 2017 (280 students including teachers utilized benefit of this seminar)
- Celebrated the Dr.B.R Ambedkar’s 126th and Sri Babhu Jagajeevanram’s 110th Birth anniversary – 14th April, 2017
- Organized the “Sadhakarondige Samvada Kavigoshti” Programme on 08th November, 2017. (Above 350 students including teachers utilized benefit of this workshop)
- Organized the “Talasamudayagala Samajika Horatada dari mattu Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Chintanegala Prastutate”- 31st & 01st September, 2017(Above 400 students including teachers utilized benefit of this workshop)
- Celebrated the “Aithihasika Bhima Koregav Vijayothsava”-01st January, 2018 (Above 250 students including teachers utilized benefit of this workshop).
- Celebrated the “Savithri Ba Phule birthday”-03rd January, 2018 (Above 250 students utilized benefit of this workshop)
- Celebrated the Dr.B.R Ambedkar’s 127th Birth anniversary – 14th April, 2018
- Organized two days’ workshop on “History of oppressed classes in India and contemporary problems” at Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Bhavan, M.G.Road, Tumkur for young Dalit Leaders and writers: 12th and 13th September, 2015
- Organized Six, Free Health Checkup and awareness camps in various Slums of Tumkur District during 19th September, 2015 to 25th November, 2015
Other Innovative activities
- Photo gallery of the eminent Social Reformers Namely, Gauthama Buddha Sri.Basaveshwara, Mahatma Jyothi bhapule, Savitri bhapule, Periyar Ramaswamy naykar, Sri. Sahu Maharaj, Sri.Nalwadi Krishnaraja Vodeyar, Sri. Narayanaguru, Dr.B.R.Ambedkar and Sri.BabuJagajivanram have been included in the Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Museum.
- Established Library cum Reading room by procuring 800 books and journals.
- Undertaken empirical research to study on the status and problems of Scheduled caste/scheduled tribe communities and other marginalized section of Karnataka through Minor research projects by University teachers
- Documentary film on Contribution of ‘Dr. Sulagitthi Narasamma a Dalit women’ had carried out during this period.