About the University
The newly established Tumkur University is marching towards the spread of higher education, with its vision “Sevastu Me Jnanavijnanadhara”. The University blossomed in the era of globalization in which the economies of the world are being transformed from their original closed self sustaining structure to the globalized context, where they can expose themselves to the competitive world. This transition forced the arena of knowledge emphasizing itself to more of its application than of accumulation of facts. Tumkur University in order to cope with the present global environment, is attempting to the integrated and interdisciplinary approaches in the dissemination of knowledge with the aim of achieving overall human personality development.
Tumkur is a historical centre possessing the rich cultural heritage which had valiant historical events of different kingdoms and humane social setup of incomparable stature with many reigns and regions.In globalized environment the newly established Tumkur University has paved the way for realizing the vision at the international arena to the human welfare.
It was started during the year 2004 as a separate entity to cater the needs of thousands of young aspirants of higher education in the area. The University is having its administrative head quarters at Vishwavidyanilaya Karyalaya, University Science College Campus, BH Road,Tumkur 572103. At present the offices of the Vice-Chancellor, the Registrar, the Registrar (Evaluation), the Finance Officer and other staff housed in it.
“TO CREATE A GENERATION OF HUMAN RESOURCES TO SUCCESSFULLY MEET THE GLOBAL CHALLENGES”
- To transform guiding vision into action plan through a band of community of teachers who are professionally competent and conscientiously upright.
- To promote high quality of research for sustainable development of a society.
- To bridge the gap between academic knowledge and professional skill.
- To create adequate academic and physical infrastructure for high level performance.
- To promote and develop outreach and extension activities for disadvantaged groups of society.
- To introduce reformatory and innovative measures for balanced development.
- To build institutional networking for knowledge sharing.
- To initiate action to utilize the information and communication technology system.
- To institutionalize good governance with proper accountability, transparency and collective participation.
- To create adequate students support services for effective prosecution of their studies.
- To promote and develop vocational education, career and life skill development.
- To initiate and implement such other measures as are necessary for effective functioning of a university.
A well defined strategy is a primary requirement to achieve the desired objective. The time has now come to realize that the image of a university as a temple of ivory tower of closed academic learning for limited number of students has become the part of history. No university can isolate itself from the changes that are taking place elsewhere. Keeping all these factors in the mind the university in its wisdom has adopted the following strategy to achieve its Vision and Mission statement.